Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

HomeStyle by Mandy {Magpied Home}

Furniture search is over!!!
I am so excited! I have been looking for months for new furniture. I have a funny style. It’s a mix between modern, mid-century and rustic. I really should have been born in the 50’s. I love everything about 50’s style.

I have been searching for a new sofa/sectional for at least 3 months. I was so in love with the sectional I already had. Last year it started getting a small tear in the leather and my sweet little J picked at it and pretty much destroyed before I could get it fixed. My first thought was to have it recovered, but I could not find the same caramel color and did not want to pay that much money and be disappointed with the end results.

Tim gave me a budget and told me to get whatever I wanted with one condition…I could not go over a penny including any shipping or taxes  I am happy to report I came in $200 under budget! All of these pieces come from different places. I like mix and match my furniture…so each piece is different. I know this is weird to some… but I am quirky like that! I can’t wait to get everything and I hope the idea in my head comes together in my home. I already have a chocolate brown chair w an ottoman. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I like it all without seeing it together in a setting…yikes!! The only thing that would complete this look would be the hardwood floors that I have wanted for years…but that will have to wait for now. I will post pictures of my living room after I get everything and get it all set up.


Mid Century Sofa in Oatmeal Wool!!





Coffee Table: I really wanted something with storage. This is a modern two-tone coffee table that has a storage compartment.



Jute Natural Rug to go under the coffee table. I have wanted this rug for a long time…eeekk!! 



Accent Chairs: We love Eames furniture. These are Eames knock offs. We have a rocking chair like this and we just love it.



Let me know what you think!

Ta ta for now 
Mandy
Pin It!

6 comments: