Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

TUTORIAL TUESDAY: (err, make that TUTORIAL FRIDAY) Petal Posie~No sew

Ok, so I fell off the wagon (again). I am so sorry! I promise to make it up to you next week with a FANTABULOUS tutorial!! I've had this idea in my mind for a while and I'm anxious to try it and share it with ya! But for now I've got another NO SEW hair flower tutorial. Yeah I'm sure there are a ton out there and no I did not make this after seeing it on Pinterest. I came up with this while playing around one day (no I'm not the original designer I'm sure) and this how I make the ones I sold in my shoppe. :) These are beautiful made out of felt but I like to use non-traditional materials. ;)



Supplies needed:

Glue gun/sticks
Scissors
Felt
Alligator clip
Felt or fabric for flower
Wide mouth canning lid (or something similar)
Paper



I traced around the lid on the paper to make a pattern that I could pin to the fabric.


cut out 8 circles


now you are going to do this for each of the 8 circles. Fold them in half.


and then fold them in half again


then inside each corner put a dab of glue and squeeze the tip together so it holds it's shape


now you will need a felt circle to glue the petals to. I cut it a little big smaller than my circle pattern


now you will start gluing the wedges to the felt putting it together like a pizza. I like to make sure the petals are facing the same way






now you are going to do the same thing only don't lay the petals down in exactly the same order, move them over so the top petals cover the where two petals meet on the first layer




now I grab the top petals, pull them up and put a dab of glue in the middle


and pinch it together to make them stick


and you're done! (after you glue a clip to the back) :)




Pin It!

2 comments: