Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lilly Anna Kids: {Ruffled Denim Skirt Tutorial}

For this ruffled denim skirt you will need a long denim skirt (you can get these at Cato) and 4 pair of old jeans.






now on each pair of jeans I cut the front and backs of the legs




so now I have 4 sets of ruffles.....I alternated light and dark denim. I also sewed them with the WRONG side of the denim out because my son was kind of hard on the knees. ;)


then after I sewed each set of ruffles together I sewed a seam around the bottom of each ruffle so it would only fray so far


I made the top two ruffles a little bit shorter...tapered them


I also tapered the skirt down because my ruffles weren't very wide. Then you will arrange your ruffles to where they all fit. Using a ruler make a mark where you want to sew your ruffle. I use a ruffle to measure up from each ruffle so they are all sewed on evenly


pin the side seams of each ruffle to the side seams of the skirt


then I pinned the ruffle down in a "ruffled" fashion with pins then sewed it down. Its nearly impossible to "ruffle" denim the traditional way so we have to improvise


Continue in the same way with each ruffle and you're done!
Pin It!

10 comments: